Hold tight kids because things are about to get crazy with this week’s Sunday Dinner Recipe. You will be getting 2 recipes for the bargain price of 1. I know, I’m too good to you guys.
I’ve noticed that as the days get hotter my desire to spend time slaving away over the stove lessens considerably. Someone should chart the relationship between high temperatures and cooking motivation (someone who is not me). So this week’s Sunday Dinner Recipe is incredibly quick, easy, and requires little to no oven/stove time. Also, its vegetarian, which is weird, because I’m carnivore all the way and tend to have a strong aversion to all things that grow from the ground.
The first recipe (I served them together which is why you’re getting two recipes) is for Salad Pizza. Which doesn’t sound appetizing at all-I’ve really got to work on the name-but I swear it is! It is the perfect summer time meal, so enjoy!
Active Time: 10 minutes
- 1 package garlic and herb naan
- 1/4 c Pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 c thinly sliced red onions (save the rest of the onion-you will be using the rest in the next recipe!)
- 1 small jar marinated artichoke hearts
- Salad dressing (I used the Olive Garden brand dressing because its just about the tastiest thing in the world, but you could use any sort of Italian or Greek dressing, or even just oil and vinegar)
- 1 1/2 cups cut up romaine lettuce
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- Italian seasoning
- Turn broiler on high
- Tear each piece of naan in half, creating 4 pieces. Place naan on un-greased cookie sheet or pizza stone. Brush EVOO on each piece of naan and sprinkle with Italian seasoning (which I was out of so I just used salt, pepper, and onion salt)
- Place naan under broiler and let toast until golden brown- about 5 minutes (you have to really watch it at the end because it will turn from golden to burnt very fast)
- Remove naan from oven and place on individual plates. Top each piece with lettuce, onions, olives, and artichoke hearts.
- Drizzle with dressing
Seriously…that’s all you have to do. You can eat this like I do-with your hands, ripping it into bite sized pieces after you try, and fail to pick it up and eat it like a piece of real pizza, or you can eat it like Ollie who uses a fork to eat all the salad stuff, and then the naan to soak up all the yummy juices. Either way, ITS DELICIOUS!
I served this salad along side the second Sunday Dinner Recipe: Summer Salad. I know what you’re thinking…two salads, isn’t that a little much? But these two recipes are both so different and un-saladish, that you don’t really feel like your entire dinner is made up of salads.
Active time: 5 minutes (I made this while the naan was toatsing)
- 1 Avocado
- The rest of your red onion THINLY sliced
- EVOO and red wine vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- Yup that’s really all the ingredients
- Cut avocado in half and remove core
- cut avocado into quarters and remove skin
- Thinly slice each avocado quarter and place on individual plates
- Top with thinly sliced red onion
- sprinkle with EVOO and red wine vinegar (I LOVE red wine vinegar so I always go heavy on that!)
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN AND ENJOY THE BEAUTIFUL WEATHER
Seriously. How easy are those two recipes? You’ve got two delicious recipes all in the span of 10 minutes. It really doesn’t get any better than that, does it?